The Fine Art of Interactive Storytelling

A place to discuss role playing ideas and ethics, storyline ideas, make plans for events and do forums RP.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Making animations with analog art.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lostbetween

PostSubject: Making animations with analog art.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:12 am

As it turns out Animstrip is very easy to use. I just needed art. The best way of course would be a snazzy 3D critter I could just rotate around to get all the images I needed for the sprite sheets. But that is beyond my capability. So for my first creature I decided on a blinking effect for my ghosts, just to get used to the animation program.

I was pretty pleased with the effect. I wanted creepy child ghosts, but nothing real clear. No walking or amination of limbs needed for this one.

Next creature I needed was rats. I found some spritesheets to look off of for reference and printed out an isometric grid to lay under tracing paper to help me get the angle right. Then I got to drawing. Since these guys are small I decided against making all the walking poses and settled for tail swishing.

They'll do I suppose. Way too cute. Oh well. I move on.

The next thing I needed were my pineheads. Pineheads are members of the Aerian military that have been cursed. So I needed full walking animation spritesheets for all directions on the isometric grid.

I worked on the drawings for these off and on for almost a month. It was tedious, and the results are imperfect. But for wooden men, that works for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Making animations with analog art.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1